RENT REVIEWS AND LEASE RENEWALS
When a lease is coming to an end, or you have a rent review, you might not have the time, experience or inclination to obtain the best deal, or indeed what your rights are.
David Walker Commercial can advise not just on your legal rights, but offer practical help and suggestions either where negotiation is possible, or when relations with the owner or tenant have broken down.
There is a lot or primary legislation concerning Lease Renewals, and much Case Law and important Judgements relating to previous Rent Review Disputes.
Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Part II
Law of Property Act 1969
Landlord and Tenant (Covenants) Act 1995
The Regulatory Reform (Business Tenancies) (England and Wales) Order 2003
Typically we can help with the following.
- Negotiating rent reviews and lease renewal advice
- Advice on Service of notices for tenancy expiry and renewal
- Negotiating lease renewal, including rent, and outline terms and conditions
- Behind the scenes advice if you wish to do-it-yourself
- Second Opinions
- Calderbank offers to settle and costs
- When needed, dispute resolution procedure and practical help
- Reports and Submissions for Arbitration and independent expert determination
- or Professional Arbitration on Court Terms
- Expert Witness for statutory and court procedure
- Advising and assisting Solicitors on the approval of leases and other documents
- Advice on requests for assignment, sub-letting, change of use, alterations, etc
- Advice on construction of lease terms in a sale and lease-back transaction
- Schedules of Dilapidation and Schedules of Condition
- Lease restructuring and renegotiation
- Confirmation of Market Rent for connected party or close transactions
- Confirmation of Rental Value for SIPP or Charity requirements
Call David Walker, or email for a call back, to discuss your needs and see what preliniary advice we can offer.
01536 771588 / 07989 596664